What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Effects Problems adjusting a template

Monique

Hi there

I have downloaded a template which is the following: https://vimeo.com/227221050

In the trailer there is a variety of fade in styles displayed, however in the template itself i can not adjust this and only have the text or pictures/videos flying in in the same way. I would like to create fade ins as seen in minutes: 0:22, 0:29 and 0:36. Does anybody maybe know this template or would wanna help me on it? I could forward the file. I tried to contact the owner, however, have not received an answer yet.

Hope somebody would like to help.

Regards,
Monique

fredfish

Guru
Hi Monique - welcome to the forum.

The After Effects section of this forum isn't very well frequented so you may not get many responses.

However for what it is worth here is my 2 penneth (and I am a very limited After Effects user).

I have only tried a very few AE templates and on the whole they are receptacles for your own files and then play a preset series of effects over your media. Therefore as they stand they will apply the effects in the way that the author wanted them. However there isn't anything stopping you setting your own timeline events (the little stopwatches) to fade in and fade out the effects. Doing this will require a bit of work on your part but should allow you to have significantly more control.

I hope that helps.

Cheers

John