What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS CC2018 November 2017 (version 19.0.1) released

I don't mind Ged, it's nice to know how many were rejected...

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread with FF talk! I have one addon that I absolutely can not live without and the developer has announced that it will not be re-written! So until something similar shows up, I will not update FF.

There is a similar addon that is compatible, but I don't think it does the same thing. Close, but no cigar.

Hello, Since the update I have noticed when i select a text layer and highlight the text when scrolling it doesn't show the font size being changed like a live preview. it only allow me to see the change after i commit and hit enter.

has anyone have this issue as well after the update? it worked before the update 19.0.1 if so does anyone have a fix or work around?

Agreed - I just tried it and the same here. If I use the scrubby slider then text size dosen't change until i let go of the mouse button. This is quite big deal IMHO.

Cheers

John

Agreed - I just tried it and the same here. If I use the scrubby slider then text size dosen't change until i let go of the mouse button. This is quite big deal IMHO.
Cheers
John

I didn't noticed that one until now!
I'm sure Adobe will come with a fix, ever...

Looks like it's another bug introduced to fix the other text bug, so a bug for a bug you might say :rofl:

Here's an official statement from Adobe
"Yes, in order to get the fix out for leading with transformed type as soon as possible, we had to trade-off live updates to bumping (arrow keys) and scrubbing (mousing the control). We are working on fixes to return the earlier behavior and they should ship with the next release to go out. Our concern was including these fixes in a dot-release as they were untested and we wanted to get our customers the leading fix ASAP without breaking anything else.

I hope that makes sense.

Sorry for the annoyance,
David"

More info here
https://feedback.photoshop.com/phot...justments-via-inputs-not-behaving-as-expected

I'm still saying to Adobe, do only a major update while the bugs are gone (the big ones anyway) and don't rely on the users to report them before fixing them!
Is someone with Adobe even using PS you could wonder...

Well according to Wikipedia as of 2016 there are 15706 people employed with Adobe, you would like to think at least one of them would be using PS :unsure:

Here's how and it kind of always worked (not perfect but better than the original)

Use the X64 version!!!!

Cheers Lambert, I already found the download but didn't have a clue on how to use it :eek:

The clip will show you how, but keep in mind its not always working well, and don't ask me why...:thinking:

I got that disk error thing last night working with CC2018 but can't remember what I was doing at the time, looks like it's back to CC2017 until CC2019 comes out :rofl:

I'm trying to go with the flow, until now...because I didn't used that FFT a lot.
There's a neat trick to resolve (partially) the problem with textures in scanned pictures.
Do the first scan the normal way.
The second time scan the same picture 180 °.
Open them both and pull the 180 ° image over the first one and rotate it 180 °.
Apply lighten blend

When scanning light comes from a certain angle.
Scanning the same image 180° gives the opposite light.
Combined they should dissolve the texture caused be the first scan.

This is roughly explained and you'll need to tweak further but it is a way to do it...

I had a CC 2017 version that stopped working so I got a trial version of CC 2018.
It updated my old CC 2017 settings (type tool fonts I installed were there) but the trial program is set to expire in 3 days
How do I explain to the Adobe folks that I want to move my 2017 monthly subscription to this new version without having to pay another fee for the new version?

Recap: I had CC 2017 and now I got 2018 trial that will expire but I don't want it to expire or be charged for 2 versions.
See picture below how date lists July 20 (last 2017 use) and November 24 (first 2018 use)

Attachments

• ad.jpg
    ad.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 2
Hi Dave

If you have the monthly subscription of CC you are entitled to download Photoshop CC2018 as part of your subscription
You may need to sign out of the Creative Cloud app reboot you PC and then sign back in again
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/sign-in-out-activate-apps.html

Also take a look at this thread
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2165483

You can download the latest version of the Creative Cloud app here
https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Back