What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS to Placing in InDesign then to PDF for pub

TimothyKim

Gurus: I have a big problem with a 12 image project. Example: All 12 original PSD images, 100- 300 megs each, were then flattened (all layers merged) to around half the file size of originals, then I converted to highest quality Jpeg's in the 10 - 30 meg range. I then placed the 12 Jpeg's in a InDesign template. The goal is the best quality product when I export the Indesign file to PDF. But my Mac says the entire Indesign file under "get info" says it is only 11 Megs!!?? Am I kidding myself? I thought I was getting good at this. Apparently, I have a lot to learn. Should I save the PSD's to Tiff's with LZW compression? Any other professional suggestions to make the project the best it can be when I export to PDF and not make a fool out of myself by publishing garbage. The publisher has a 400 meg PDF file size limit. I need your expertise, so set set me straight. I'm not going to compromise. So whatever it takes, I'll get it done. Thx, TimothyKim

Back