What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick Mask in CC 2017

PegoMan

I have CC on two machines and recently updated my desktop iMac to CC2017. I'm not sure yet, if I like it or not. The first thing I found is that when doing a selection, the Quick Mask function does not work the way I'm used to. When I make a selection and highlight it with a Quick Mask it highlights the inverse of the actual selection. I can work around this by doing another inverse selection to get back to the area I selected, but I shouldn't have to do this. In CC 2015.5.1 and also CS5.1 it works fine. Maybe there's preference switch somewhere to reverse this, but I can't find it. Any help and any comments on CC2017 would be appreciated very much.

I'm using El Capitan on both machines and haven't had any problems.

John

MrToM

Guru
DOUBLE click the Quick Mask Icon in the tool bar.

From the small dialog box select 'Selected Areas'...

selected_area_MT_01.png

Regards.
MrToM.

PegoMan

Thanks very much MrToM! I figured it was something simple, but I didn't find this one.

Thanks much,

John