What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rasterized Arabic Script

scrapyard

Hello All,

I have been tasked to design a circular logo. On the outter rim I'd like to include both English and Arabic. The idea is English on the top, and the Arabic script on the bottom of the rim of a circle.

I don't have ME version, so I had to use rasterized Arabic text. Now, the issue is making it rounded, to a maximum of 180 degrees with minimal distortion. I tried sheer and polar coordinates, but there is quite a bit of distortion.

Sadly, I don't have the ability to use any 3rd party software to assist. :banghead:

Anyone have any suggestions?

Hi scrapyard

There's always gonna be some distortion involved in this transformation process, I'm afraid.

The solution will be to get the font file and use the text tool to create and edit your text.

From there there's many techniques to create round text like: Type On Path

As a side note even working whit any 3D party tool you will need just the right font file.

Hope this helps.

Yeah,
I can type on a path, which works perfectly for English (left to right), but only Photoshop ME enables users to write Arabic script (right to left and not break up words). Sadly, with no access to ME, I cannot accomplish the same feat. Therefore, I am stuck rasterizing the text.

What I was able to do was use Microsoft Word Art to create the curve before rasterizing it. This helped only slightly. I would've rather have found a better way than fight between two different programs.

Thank you for your help!

Back