What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Realistic Eye?

Eye agree :rofl: .....accck sorry that puns about as funny as heamoroids {sp} [saywhat]

Stu.

Something I used for the "iris" of mine was layer styles, the most useful were the radial noise gradients, and the metal landscape texture...

I notice that I didn't use special blend modes in the layers! The two colour layers are "create layered" styles layers that have been merged back together. They have reduced opacity.

The background was made using a picture of a spyderweb, that suffered A LOT of filtration, including spherize, pinch emboss or lighting, etc...
here is a screenshot of the layers palette.

sPECtre Thank you for shearing this with us. :perfect:
I have a nice pictures of LA walls -graffiti, and one was just right to use my iris.This is just a detail of the picture:

coolio! thanks Spectre for that great info.

Storm, I knew there was an easier way! thanks ... I just forgot about radial blurs because I don't use them that much ... that's a good reason to though :D

nice work ljiljana!

kiwi ... bad pun ... bad bad bad ... no biscuit for you! :p

Anam
:B

No prob! :D

regards
s!

BTW. I never thought as I started that thread that so many great eyes would be around at once :D :perfect:

Heres another from me......this is also in the show board :)

Stu.

Stu, that looks great. I really like the reflection in the eye. :}

Although, now that i think of it, (assuming this is still your dragon eye), I don't think there were dragons still around to be able to look an indian in the eye. :p

Interesting approach, using the spiderweb, Pierre! :perfect: Thanks for sharing your technique! :)

ljiljana, that's some mighty awesome grafitti! Great picture! :perfect:

Stu... it's always a pleasure to to breathe in your fabulous work! :perfect:

nice goin' stu.... I think I'd seen that before but it's always a pleasure to see your work again.

Like our friend bubble I really like the reflection in the eye as well ... nice realistic touch

Anam

Hi There Folks! :)

I've been off the boards for 4 or 5 days working on this which is my contribution to storm's eye thread.....This is my first attempt at any thing like this and just can't believe my own eyes! LOL :rofl:

BTW-I used the tute suggested by STROKER on the first page of this thread and started working on it last saturday (eyes by Darkgarden) and had to DO IT OVER many times until I had something I could post..also I'm working only with Photoshop Elements 2.0...

I'm pleased as punch! :D As a reward I think I will have a cold one [excited]

:perfect: Great job Ranger! Have a second cold one on me! :D

great images every one ... am gonna keep coming back to this thread long after it's 'use by date'
good one ranger .. btw, that looks like Guinness .. ah, Guinness is good :D :)

Hi There Folks!

Thank you Wendy! 8}

Thank you namvet! 8}

Yes Guinness is tasty! %}

Now What I'd like to do is turn my eye into an animation..you know the old blinking eye routine!

I'll have to do some research on this! :B

way to go ranger! Nice job, especially for a 'first postable effort!' 8} 8}

What did you want to do with the 2d graphic? It's static yellow letters on a too-big white background for me.

Anam

arhhhhhh yes wink wink nudge nudge he he he

I did this but kinda different yeah same same but different I know he he he..... this is an image that I did for Geoff with a photo of mine...... it uses 3 frames but as it was an wrinkly ol elephant I could just clone stamp on another layer the eyelid making it lower and then the next layer closed ......... I would have to assume that you would do it this way too :\ well good luck and well done on what you have done so far with the eye....... don't forget to show us when your done :D
sfm

Love it Sue! ;) ;) ;)

Here's one I'm working on just now. Finished the iris and I'm having a bash with the Wacom tablet to do the rest. This is first stage 'Splodge' WIP. Thought it would be interesting to combine the Photoshop filtering with a bit of freehand artwork.

Al

nice job, Al! Sweet!

you're so lucky to have a tablet ... I'll be getting one soon I hope :)

Anam

[stuned] Woah! [saywhat] There's an eye in that eye!

Fabulous work R.A. :perfect: Your 'splodgey WIP' blows me away at this stage! :}

Wendy Keep watching this space! :rofl: ;) You'll see [doh]

Anam The tablet gives access to an amazing range of brush controls. I've only just started using the tablet. Creative juices were a bit dried up for a while, but they are starting to flow again. ;)

I can recommend putting even one of the smaller tablets on your 'must buy list'. :perfect:

Al

Back