What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Record Again User Prompt

nullix

Hello all,

I'm new to gurus. I've been using photoshop for awhile and am pretty capable at taking my snapshots and creating versions for:web
  • 4x6
  • 8x10
For my web photos, I have an action that writes text at the top and puts a drop shadow on the text.

I was using CS2 and lately upgraded to CS5.

I imported my CS2 actions to CS5. Now the problem is, when I change the text for my web conversions by using "Record Again" action, I'm prompted for the drop shadow settings. Now, when I use bridge to run the actions on all my images, it keeps prompting.

Here's what I've done so far to solve the problem:

1. Created a new action
    1. This solves it until I "Record Again" to change the text
  2. Toggled the "Dialog" on and off (the square box next to actions).
None of this seems to help. Any ideas? The only other option I have is to record the drop shadow as a separate action apart from the text. That way, when I "Record Again" I don't rerecord the drop shadow (which seems to be the problem).

Thanks,
Tom

To fix this, I just broke up the action into 2 separate actions.

1. Action1: Create Title (to be re-recorded)
  2. Action 2
    1. Drop Shadow
    2. Merge layers
That will solve the problem for now. Please let me know if you have a better idea.

Back