What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Removal of the tree in the foreground

Boskwaboe

I took this picture with my analog camera last summer but the tree in the foreground, right behind my friend, kind of bothers me because it is a still object that takes away the dynamic of the skater in motion.
If someone is able to remove the tree that would be fantastic! Thanks in advance for anyone who gives it a try.

2021_Zomer_5.jpg

Instead of removing the tree, maybe adding in motion blur and sharpening the subject?

Motion.jpg

I keep looking at this - removing the tree somehow threw off the balance of the shot. The skater looks a bit lost with no action to focus on - he's completely underexposed.
So I tried moving the skater so that he appears as if he's just entering the shot. I think it helps the balance...

sunset skateboard edited moved skater.jpg

Hi Jeff, god job removing the tree, but the cut on the back of the guy doesn't look good, my advice try to use the pen tool, to give more roundness. once you had the shape selected clone the sky over it or the blackness of the figure. and add some blur to the outlines as well. Hope this is understandable and helps.

@Argos - thanks as always for your sharp eye and helpful suggestions. I did actually see that but decided to leave it. I liked the roughness of the figure since the original had a blur surrounding it. But looking at it again now, maybe I should have done more with those edges. For the moment, will leave it up to the OP and see if there are any other changes/updates needed. Thanks again for your guidance!
- Jeff

Back