What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

remove a white edge around the cut out image

hansolo

problem white edge.jpg i have selected an image and created a mask to remove the white background.
So the image of the woman is on a transparent background. i have a problem is there is stil some white renains just on the edges of the image.I have tried to use a burn tool set to highlight at 50 percent opacty this method seemed a little clumsy as some of the jacket was being selected to .
plase can any one help.

not sure if you wanted it done or explanation of how so I just did it ,will this help?

can you upload your original image before you did what you did? it will be easier to start and fix from there with better results..

Last edited:
didn't even think of that,I've used it many times.son of a gun

I used the magic wand tool to select the image. I then used a mask on the white shirt to make a more accurate selection. I used expand and contract on the pixels edge. To make a closer selection. with a feather of 1 pixel.

The redefine feature i will try that. ok as i dont want to damage the hair. what a good accurate selection.

Last edited:
You can download the 'Extraction Tool' for free on adobe website for CS4. They had it in CS 3 and took it out of CS4. Users got so upset that adobe put an extention for CS4 on their website(it's free). It works fast and very well with hair.

went to Adobe Extraction Tool nowhere to be found for download?????

cheers when im using th refine radius how can i refine the edge the oppisite way it. its selecting the face ratheer than the hair when i increase the slider. and the raduis slider only seem to have one direction. Can i flip my image the oppiste way will this the make the raduis slider work the oppiste way maybe. or is there more of a pratical solution,

to the raduis slider

cheers

sounds like you want inverse selection. right click

i watched th vidoe and its helped me lots. i see how th refine edge is accurate to select hard hair pixels. when i am usin refine edgeits only going in 1 direction.I dont know why. its hard to explain in words.

Use the contract or expand option at the very bottom. If you don't have it go to select > modify > now choose whether you want to contract or expand and how many pixels...

Back