What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove Ketchup & The Hand

REDELL

Hi,

Is there a technique or maybe a quick tip how can i remove the hand+ketchup blocking the baby?

Thanks.

Attachments

• removeKetchup.jpg
    removeKetchup.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 7

Argos

Guru
Well you can try to select the right side of the head and background, copy and with the new layer of the selection (inverse), maybe you have to work in minor details but i think it blend well looking at the picture.

When you make the selection remember to blur the edges.

Cheers!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Taking away the hand and bottle would leave a 'gap' in the image.
To fill that gap you'll need to replace the 'information' behind the hand and bottle.
This missing information needs to be replaced piece by piece with information available on the image.

For example:

Select a part of the bench, copy and past it

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Every 'added' piece needs to be refined to match the picture.

With a picture where there's only a small part of information to replace the task is easy.

In this case it is still possible but with a huge amount of work and raffinement.

Sometimes it is easier to 'recreate' the scene without the disturbing element, if possible.

Last edited:

REDELL

Thank you, Eggy. I appreciate your actual demonstration. I know,right: Its so hard, really. I tried with clone stamp tool. No luck. Looks like fake :).

I think its better to take a new picture :)13073012_877011925779002_405970720_o.jpg

Eggy

Retired Moderator
In this case there's a lot of information to replace and to make it more difficult, there's the hair of the girl.
If by any chance you have the opportunity to redo the photo, that would be the best result.