What's new

Specific Removing a hand on the shoulder of a cropped picture

pearlexpee

Hello I have a photo that i want to remove a hand on the shoulder from a cropped picture. Can someone please help me, i would appreciate it soooo much.
Thank you

Rich54

Guru
To remove the thumb is hard I assume?
Yes, it was actually harder than I first thought. The edges of the hair are very indistinct and it's hard to draw realistic-looking fabric folds.
Is there something you wish were different? I don't mind making an adjustment—if I can.

JeffK

@Rich54 and @Babine - great handwork from both of you!
I'm curious - did you draw out the fabric and folds using a pen tablet or using a mouse? I'm suspecting a tablet since the lines are very stable...
- Jeff

Rich54

Guru
I'm curious - did you draw out the fabric and folds using a pen tablet or using a mouse? I'm suspecting a tablet since the lines are very stable...
- Jeff
I never use the mouse for drawing anything—always the tablet. For this kind of thing, where you need to draw a shoulder that isn't there, I almost always use the Pen Tool to create a shape and then I fill it with the correct color, pattern, texture, etc. With the Pen Tool you get clean, repeatable lines.

Babine

Guru
- Jeff
In this case Jeff and after I had cloned the hand out, all I did is outline a particular fold area, (one that I thought was fitting for her right shoulder area), feather that selection and copy it to a new layer above. I then moved it over to her shoulder, transformed it to fit (look right), masked out any over-fill and played with the opacity to match. Finally, with curves adjustments, I then tried to match the lighting.
HTH.
Cheers.
p.s. I only use a pen and tablet.