What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Removing a hand on the shoulder of a cropped picture

pearlexpee

Hello I have a photo that i want to remove a hand on the shoulder from a cropped picture. Can someone please help me, i would appreciate it soooo much.
Thank you

Rich54

Guru
To remove the thumb is hard I assume?

Yes, it was actually harder than I first thought. The edges of the hair are very indistinct and it's hard to draw realistic-looking fabric folds.
Is there something you wish were different? I don't mind making an adjustment—if I can.

JeffK

Guru
@Rich54 and @Babine - great handwork from both of you!
I'm curious - did you draw out the fabric and folds using a pen tablet or using a mouse? I'm suspecting a tablet since the lines are very stable...
- Jeff

Rich54

Guru
I'm curious - did you draw out the fabric and folds using a pen tablet or using a mouse? I'm suspecting a tablet since the lines are very stable...
- Jeff

I never use the mouse for drawing anything—always the tablet. For this kind of thing, where you need to draw a shoulder that isn't there, I almost always use the Pen Tool to create a shape and then I fill it with the correct color, pattern, texture, etc. With the Pen Tool you get clean, repeatable lines.

Babine

Guru
- Jeff

In this case Jeff and after I had cloned the hand out, all I did is outline a particular fold area, (one that I thought was fitting for her right shoulder area), feather that selection and copy it to a new layer above. I then moved it over to her shoulder, transformed it to fit (look right), masked out any over-fill and played with the opacity to match. Finally, with curves adjustments, I then tried to match the lighting.
HTH.
Cheers.
p.s. I only use a pen and tablet.