What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing the pole

Hi Guys,
Can anyone advise me about the crosshair that is located near the brush when in the Clone Stamp tool, it seems to bring in the area of where it is located and bringing in unnecessary details that I don't want, it seems to position itself at different distances from the brush as well.
Help much appreciated.
Lofty

you need to select a source point by moving your mouse/ pen select the area you want to copy by holding down the alt key and left clicking your mouse then mover the cursor to the pole you should see that where you originally clicked whilst holding down the alt key should now appear at the pole when you left click it will clone from the original source if you look you will see a black cross that will highlight what you are cloning

Right, so that means that if you click to the right of where you want to clone, then you move the stamp upwards (or whichever) you will be cloning from the same relative location. You may you get a dark line or a color spot you don't want because the crosshair has moved and is still located where you told it to be (relatively), but you need to change the selection (alt+click) to get the color blend/pixels you want. Did any of that make sense?

it did to me but I guess when you understand how the tool works it does but if you dont I guess both our explanations will be like wtf lol

Right again. So I made a picture which I hope demonstrates it better. Probably should've multiplied the cloned face area but I hope it's clear enuf. :eek:

Uncheck the aligned box to use the same pixels in non-relative areas. The beauty of cloning is that you can drag the stamp to duplicate say, the border of a doorway, or the continuation of the collar on a shirt, or just clone a large selection of let's say sky or tree leaves. As long as you pick the area far enough into the pixels you want to clone, you can drag to your heart's content (well almost). With unaligned you can duplicate whatever you see in your brush when you alt click then stamp, but don't drag. You'll have to play with all the variations to really see what this tool does.

Incidentally, remember, when you alt click you need to let go of the mouse and reposition the stamp or you won't be using the selection you just made; in other words you can't just click-drag in one motion. Until you release and click again that is.

Attachments

• clone stamp.JPG
    clone stamp.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Thanks for your help, hoping to have this picture finished in the next few days for you to give an opinion.
Thanks once again.

Hi,
Is there a way to stop your image moving around when you zoom in on it?
Many thanks
Stephen

Hi,

The picture will center on where the magnifying glass is as you zoom in or out. Just click on the part of the picture you want centered and then drag and it will move in or out to that point.

yes, or just click on it and hold the mouse down. It may appear to move as it repositions itself but it will end up where you pointed the tool.

Hi,
This is where I am at with my first retouch photograph, I am now running into the difficult areas and would an opinions on what I have done so far and how to finish off this, i.e., rebuilding the arm and guitar etc etc.
Many thanks
Stephen

Attachments

• The-Band.jpg
    The-Band.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 0
Hi Guys,
These are my before and after of my first retouch. Opinions greatly appreciated. I still don't seem to have the understanding of the Clone Stamp Tool, how do I get it to Clone the first cloned point without it changing?
Many thanks
Stephen

Attachments

• Original-The-Band.jpg
    Original-The-Band.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1
  • The-Band-1.jpg
    The-Band-1.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 0

Back