What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[REQUEST] custom text

I wouldn't go that far lol

Dam spell check lol

Last edited:
it means me H for Hoogle I know you love me really iDad

oh ok, i kept looking in the pics you a made and saying to myself - "he spelled it correctly, i don't see an H in there"

well, need sleep. i'll check back in here tomorrow after work. thanks again

I went for a northern lights approach in the end but did not turn out as well as I wanted couldnt find a decent pic of a whale I wanted to make it blow out some water so the colour from the lights reflected in it looks a bit dull and flat now.
View attachment 9881

Attachments

• n lights.jpg
    n lights.jpg
    686.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Way too many things to respond to since I've been gone; this thread has me in stitches (booooo). Just got back to the computer now. You were kidding about the pressure you say "H?" Like heck you were! You show-off. That is fantastic stuff you came up with. I would like to know how you used the liquify tool. Just to spread the water effect out? Well I almost dumped the psd I started; hadn't really done that much, but maybe I'll work on it. Kinda wiped out. We'll see. Hard to resist a PS challenge.

Too tired as it turns out. Besides, I can't top Hoogle's. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
it is exactly the same as the fire text tutorial I did and you did a good job with that just instead of fire it is water I just used this 1 image
drinkingwater[1].jpgJust I desaturated it and added my own colour

if you go into blending options and scroll down to texture and click the pull down menu with the patterns and then the little arrow at the top right of that box and say load rock textures or patterns I used a a few of them added a few styles etc here is my psd it is organised as I wacked it out as quick as possible and really just made it up as I went along
View attachment Untitled-1.psd
I will have to message Deke so he can do a tutorial on this you can seem to follow his quick techniques with other text effects lol.

Amazing!

I was thinking that this request is for week job (still do for print quality) but what you did so fast is amazing. How you did it?
Okey i readed your posts and tried to find fire text tutorial but didn't find it (deleted probably) or there wasn't such?
Checked psd and still not get how it can be done :) Too much artistic elements for me i quess.
My question would be how you "wave" letters? One by one or all at same time and with what?
But as i understand there is chance that there will be tutorial. So i'll just wait.

i did a tutorial which Clare followed for 1 of the photoshop challenges a while back on fire text it is the same principal.

Create your text rasterize the layer then use the liquify tool to swirl the text slightly and position it as you like.
after you are happy with the results duplicate that layer 2-3 times and apply some effects to them at different opacity ie glass ripple and wave. Making sure you leave 1 untouched layer for you to apply the rock texture effect to. then mask of the rock layer and fade it into the water effected tect. then I just used an image of water duplicated it so I had water for each letter then liquified each water layer to the letter with a bit of warp. Added some colour corrections and used a couple of water brushes for the bubbles.

Thanks for tips. I searched for that tutorial in that challange and find only animation fire tutorial (not yours) which i don't think is that what needed.

Sorry never read your question right Seniors Normally If I was doing something like this I would type the words out rasterise the layer then copy each letter onto its own layer then liquify them individually but in this case for the speed of it just did it allas 1 layer using a small brush. I used the twirl function in the liquify tool alternating using the twirl default setting and holding the alt key so it reverses the twirl on other letters

That's okey, i never read your answer right too, so we even :)
I tried already quick one with one letter (original water style) and i liked. Not much to show but was normal. I think most complicated is to find right effects for text and then realistism. I'll try later (days) make poping ballon letter and see if it goes how i imagine.

hoggle, your northern lights makes me think of aliens :)
also, that psd you posted on page 3... is that the file for what you did for me?

If it cames out at least half of how i imagine it then yes. But it never do.
things i make or used to make never come out how i want either
but then again i just played around not knowing what i was doing

these are some sigs i made - back in 2002
haven't messed around with PS since

Attachments

• billa2.jpg
    billa2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 9
  • phearpublic.jpg
    phearpublic.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 9
  • motion-lotion.gif
    motion-lotion.gif
    185.4 KB · Views: 10
yes that is your psd it is un organised though but a bit of knowledge of photoshop you can work out what I have done.

Back