What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Request help removing bars from my windows!

cristian

Hello all,

I am wondering if, first of all, it is even possible to alter about a dozen photos I have of the outside of my house to remove the security bars over the windows, as if they were never there.
I know little about Photoshop, so I'm not sure if it's something that my child could do in 5 minutes, or if it's a task that would take hours for a pro, or if it's downright impossible.
My boss at work has Photoshop on his work laptop and he said the program can indeed be used for this, he just doesn't know how to do it. I guess my questions are:

Is this something that could potentially be accomplished by a relatively unskilled person with Photoshop, or is special skill with the program needed to do it correctly?
If a pro is needed, is the task of doing it correctly time consuming enough that it would fall within the realm of a paid job? I'm certainly not opposed to that option, by the way!

Any sort of guidance with this would be really appreciated here.

- Cris

20200827_161920.jpg

Mod edit: One image per request.

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi Cris
A few thoughts
- First, forum rules require one image request per post so you will no doubt get flagged by the moderator if you try to do multiple images
- Yes Photoshop can do this with a reasonably skilled person at the helm. The more the skill the better the end result.
- If you go for the free forum I bet you will have reasonable results yet you did not mention your end intent e.g. selling a house, just seeing what it woiuld look like etc. All restorations are effectively a paint over of the existing image using various approaches. If you want the window to look exactly the same behind the bars (including detailed patterns, stuff on other side of window etc), its a harder job than you just want the bars gone with generic windows with nothing behind them. So being more specific will help you get the end result you desire
- On the free forum members are of course doing this for free for the joy of photoshoping or practicing etc etc. If you want totally consistent results, and/or changes along the way, going to the paid forum and working with one person has advantages yet if you are good with various results by various forum members then the free forum might work. For me personally, doing one or a few can be fun for me and helpful for the requestor yet doing a dozen seems tedious unless I really needed the practice on this type of project.. Other forum members might just eat it up.
This may not answer your question yet hope gives you some thoughts to consider. You could always post one on free and see if you get good response with good results and then post another. May take some time yet could work.
John Wheeler

cristian

Thank you John! I was going to remove the other two pics but I see the mods have already done so, and I apologize to them for that. I wasn't looking for anyone to do the work for free, I was primarily wondering if I should bother to try myself or not. But as you stated, it might be easy if I had the experience already, which I don't. I might try posting in the paid area to see if there are any takers. No idea though what would even be a fair price for such a project lol.

thebestcpu

Guru
If you post your job in the paid request forum, you will likely get one or more takers that will send a private message where the discussion on cost will take place. There is no obligation to take an offer and results are watermarked for your review and watermarks removed after you have paid. So pretty straight forward.
Best wishes on your project
John Wheeler