What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resotring a flatened .psd file

jazzgtrl4

Hi im working on my CD and the company doing the dupicalting needs the files to be flattened. well i did this and saved it and i need to go back and change something..I Cant figure out how to bring back my layers, there is a little lock button there and it says "layer is partially locked" but i cant unlock it. any help would be appreciated. thanks!

iDad

Guru
if it's flattened the layers are lost

unless you can backup command z on a mac

iDad

Guru
right click layers palatte see the drop down
click remove background that will unlock it

or you can go to >image>image Mode>rgb

Steve

Retired Administrator
Yep, that's it, the layers are gone.
You should have flattened and saved to a different name.

You can drag the lock to the little trash container on the bottom of the Layers pallet but that's not going help you.
Why do you want to unlock it anyway?
You should duplicate the layer and work on the duplicate and leave to background layer alone.

sweasel

I almost didn't click on this message; I knew it was going to be a heartbreaker. I got a panicked phone call from a friend a couple of weeks ago -- same thing.

sPECtre

Guru
Ioften rename files as soon as I open them.
I wish there was incremental numbering in the save box.
If you are running on a mac, you have time machine... If you set it up...