What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoration Restore old photo

Westland95

Hello,

I have here this old photo, of my great-grandmother with her children, which I would like to restore, as well as possible. Me as a basic Photoshop user tried things as playing with contrast, curves etc, didn't help that much. Could someone help me with this? I know the photo isn't that good but it is the real condition of the original photo I have in the photobook.

35in337.jpg

And second, what is the best way to upload a original size photo? I noticed it is a bit smaller than my original file.

Last edited:

Westland95

Thank you JJLAPIN, good start! Pity that the picture itself is not very sharp and lost much detail...

Pipsmom

Guru
I'm another working on it but its going to need a lot of TLC....and that takes time and care. Will post when its done
By the way do you want it in black and white or colorized?

Pipsmom

Guru
I went about as far as I can go Westland, still a problem area on the boys face that was so badly discolored but I did the best I could...... Maybe someone else can do better with him

PSG Restore.jpg

Westland95

Thanks for taking your time to restore it. I don't want to be sound rude, but I don't like those fake faces. I rather see a restored version without really chancing the photo, if you know what I mean, it's hard to explain.

But I really appreciate your work and your time, specially cause it's free.

Pipsmom

Guru
It was close to midnight when I posted the above and just realised I posted the wrong saved copy...this is the one I meant to post the black and white over- lay edition that was over the top of that above clean up copy. My apologies

BW Overlay PSG Restore.jpg