What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Result of my first 3 days with photoshop

I have been using PS for 3 days now, and i think i have learned a lot but now i whoud like some critesisme.
stone man.jpgwar hero.jpgeye one the world.jpgface.jpgclownfish.jpg

P.s. It is not all that i have made but the stuff i like the most.

3 days my butt lol previous experience in the arts is evident imo

nice work mate 3days in photoshop not to bad at all what other arts experience have you had ?

as for C&C

The textures over the faces idea is nice image 1, try getting a small soft brush and setting your delete to a low opacity and deleting some of the texture around main curves and features of the face like eyebrows nose curves and lips etc. this will bring them out a little bit and it wont look like you just slapped a texture on the face and set a low opacity

also try a different texture on image 1 it is very grainy and doesn't fit well with the high quality image that surrounds the face.

the last one is great being simple like it is nothing needs to change

Last edited:
Wow, nice work I am impressed. If this is 3 days of PS I want to see what you are doing in 1 month :)

I do agree with Ultiman on the first pic it does look a bit grainy. Maybe that's what you were going for, but I would try to reduce the grain or maybe try a different texture. Also on that first pic I would add a bit more shadow under the hood, it looks a bit too bright in there.

On the second pic I think you could make the rain darker or less opaque near the bottom of the image. It looks a bit funny that the rain seems to only be landing/splashing right on the bottom of the pic when it should be either like that on all the ground, or else dark on all the lower area. Hopefully I am being clear.

I don't see much if anything to change on the last 3.

Great work, I hop you post more!

Iam very happy for the tips and i will try to work on it.
the only experience other then the 3 day is 1 day in school 2,5 year back where we learned our way around the program somewhat and cut a car out of one picture and placed it in another. and i can not handpaint

ultiman: what is C&C

Quite jealous to be honest. After 3 days I hadn't even learned how to use layers properly! Haha. I guess I'm quite a slow learner in Photoshop. I've been using it for about 8 years and I'm still Intermediate! :D

8 yrs holy s**t, I wish I had the experience in photoshop of 8 yrs, anyway for having photoshop for 3 days thats really good, I'm pretty sure that even I can't do that and I've been using Ps for about a month an a half now, how did you learn that stuff tutorials, youtube, friends, classes.....?
Great job thou, veerryy good

8 yrs holy s**t, I wish I had the experience in photoshop of 8 yrs.

Yeah, I've been using Photoshop for about 8 years, but I have never had any education or work experience in it. I started fooling around with it when I was about 14 years old. And I'm 22 now. So hopefully I can start using my experience for work soon! I would love to take some advanced classes. But so far I've only learned from internet tutorials and magazines. Which is not a bad way to learn in my opinion. :)

Back