What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retouch Cologne

Paul

Former Member
A few words maybe? just to explain what it is how you done it etc...thanks.

MatrixGravity

It's a brand new fragrance that was just introduced and I decided to find some stock images of it, and I used photoshop. Thats about it.

Paul

Former Member
so your advertising it here are you? or have i got the wrong end of a short stick?

MatrixGravity

No I am not advertising anything. I just randomly decided to tinker around with the image, and I thought my result was pretty nice so.

siodre

It's a brand new fragrance that was just introduced and I decided to find some stock images of it, and I used photoshop. Thats about it.

sorry, but that doesn't explain what you did. it's like asking someone for their apple pie recipe and they reply with "i used a stove."

lol sauobeatbath

ibclare

Queen Bee
lol sauobeatbath -- he was a bot, spamming all over the forum!

Personally Matrix, I'm having trouble figuring out what you were trying to achieve. It seems very flat compared to the original photo. The hand looks old and grizzled. It might be cool if you accentuate that somehow: give it lizard skin or a skeletal effect or something. <g> Overall, I think it needs some contrast added back in. Maybe get rid of the grey BG and put something else there. IDK really, just my opinion.

Hoogle

Guru
so i take it your version is the 1 withe the adjusted brightness and contrast may I suggest that you so a levels tweak to bring back the blacks as the washed out grey ruins it for me

brandon skyy

I dont know what you did, or your initial intention of what you wanted to achieve...But I will say that the end result masks not only the actual brand and label of the cologne, but also takes away a lot of resolution from the original picture. This is not retouching. Retouching is meant to eliminate small errors, like light or blurriness and to enhance the overall pic, adding maybe some depth, or some color adjustments...making it more crisp and appealing to the eye. It seems that, no offense, you did the opposite.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I dont know what you did, or your initial intention of what you wanted to achieve...But I will say that the end result masks not only the actual brand and label of the cologne, but also takes away a lot of resolution from the original picture. This is not retouching. Retouching is meant to eliminate small errors, like light or blurriness and to enhance the overall pic, adding maybe some depth, or some color adjustments...making it more crisp and appealing to the eye. It seems that, no offense, you did the opposite.

Yeah, what he said. :devilish:

Blunt and to the point is best with this image. Tx for that Brandon, Clare