What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rip or torn brush over a pciture.

jmanibusan

how would i be able to achieve this effect.
spiderman1_large.jpg
i have a rip/torn brush. when i select it & place the brush over the photo it just fills it with black.please see the link.

tks

jmanibusan

Welcome, jmanibusan.

Sorry but your not allowed to post links in your signature until you've made 8 posts.

But you can post/ upload your picture to the forum.

Skin layer on top of spiderman layer. Cut out parts of the skin layer to allow parts of the spiderman layer to show through. Discolor the edges of the skin layer.

Skin layer on top of spiderman layer. Cut out parts of the skin layer to allow parts of the spiderman layer to show through. Discolor the edges of the skin layer.

Could this be done with using a the rip or torn brush?

Probably not. There has to be some cut a ways done at some points to get that effect.

Hi jmanibusan Welcome to PSG

Precisely like
TerryC mentioned, just place one layer on top of the other than use layers mask to mask the top image, then you can use a torn, crack or ripped brush to paint over layer mask and reveal the image underneath,

See example below.

torned_chest.jpg

Also PSD file attached, for use as reference.

Have Fun.

Attachments

• torned_chest.psd
    1.8 MB · Views: 116
Last edited:
what i do is just use the crack brush as an eraser and erase the top layer to reveal the bottom layer. works well depending...

Back