What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roof photoshop question

Mikbergs45

I work for a roofing company that works on large commercial roofs. Sometimes we include a google maps areial photo of the roof in a proposal. I was wondering how easy It would be to make the roof look a realistic white color? This would allow the customer to get an idea of what the roof will look like when we?re finished. I?ve included a picture of a roof that would be a good candidate for our roof coating restoration. I?ve also included a roof that can act as an example of how it would look after it is finished.

image1 (1).jpegimage1 (2).jpeg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG. Are you wanting this edit done for you or are you asking us how it can be done?

Mikbergs45

Thanks for the reply! I want to know if it is possible to make any roof look realistically white like the one pictured. And if so, how easy it would be.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Depends on your level of experience with Ps. What's your skill level?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If your a beginner, I believe you will have a difficult time doing these for yourself until you learn some skills.

You will need to know how to:

Make and copy selections.
Clone Stamp Tool and/or Content Aware Move Tool.
Blending Modes
Layer masking.

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 9.25.49 PM.png

Mikbergs45

Thank you for the example!! That?s exactly what I?m looking for. Would it be hard to also include the rusty part of the roof? Or would the seams on the roof make it difficult?

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you for the example!! That?s exactly what I?m looking for. Would it be hard to also include the rusty part of the roof? Or would the seams on the roof make it difficult?

Any roof can be done, probably without too much difficulty. Some will be more work than others depending on the details. If the the roof in the image is being replaced, then the rust won't matter as much as the shape, size and where the seams should be positioned.

If you were cleaning up the existing roof instead of replacing it, then the rusty areas would present more of a challenge.

Mikbergs45

Thanks! Ok, that makes sense! Honestly I don?t think it would matter to us if it was replaced or cleaned up. I think the only thing that would matter is that the features of the roof are in the same places (skylights, seams, stacks, etc.).

IamSam did part of the roof and I think it looks great. I would love to show this too my boss. I?m not sure how much trouble it would be but if someone could make that rusty section the same color as the other section while keeping the seams visible I would really appreciate it!!

I apologized if I?m not suppose to have requests like that on this thread. Disregard it if it?s too much trouble. Thanks so much!

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Feel free to post it in our Free Photoshop Requests section.

If you need someone to do these for you commercially, you may post a job in the Freelance Section - I am sure you could get someone here to do them for you whenever needed for a reasonable rate.