What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rremove background from wallpaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madsen

hi guys, i have theese 3 backgrounds with cheryl cole, that ive tried to remove the background on. But it doesnt look that good, so i hope that someone inhere is kind and help me.

Is it possible to edit the background away so that it is just one color? On the one with the clouds, it could be either just white or clouds all over? :)

Hope for some help, thanks.

Thomas

Attachments

• wallpaper-1794618.jpg
    wallpaper-1794618.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 3
  • wallpaper-1501223.jpg
    wallpaper-1501223.jpg
    643.9 KB · Views: 1
  • cheryl-cole-1920x1200-37886.jpg
    cheryl-cole-1920x1200-37886.jpg
    699.9 KB · Views: 1
A layer mask is what you need, then paint with black on the areas you want to conceal. Paint with white to repair any mistakes. (Black to conceal, white to reveal)

If you want a different background, place a new image below that layer.

Unlock your background layer

duplicate it and apply a mask to the duplicate and paint it all black or invert it by pressing control + I

create a new layer at the bottom of the layers panel and make it blue or apply your sky background to it.

on your middle layer right click it and select blending options and on the default screen move the blend if slider to the left as highlighted in pic

then select your top layer and paint in white on your layer mask around the face and the lights to bring back the white that was lost in your blend if command.

Capture.JPG

on a somewhat unrelated topic. eeeeeew cheyl cole X(

now for something related. the first two should be fairly easy.

what i do on something like this is duplicate the background layer and use the quick select to select the white area, there are four settings at the top that help you out alot you should use the tool with the + on it to select the white, and anything that shouldn't be selected, use the one with the - on it to deselect those areas.

when you are happy with the selection click "refine edge" and set the "smooth to 5px" to antialias the edges and then delete it. then mask the difficult areas on top. once you pratice, you get better.

Hoog's is pretty fool proof though. not sayin you are a fool don't worry ;)

Last edited:
I would say quick mask it ,and then refine but Hoogle got this.

"Hoogle, beatin' on photoshop like a king." -Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back