What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Save to PDF X1-a in Action

PlasmicSteve

Hello all. I'm working on a complex Action that prepares an image for t-shirt printing.

The final steps in the Action are creating a Spot Alpha Channel with a specific name that the printer uses to print White toner.

The Action needs to save the image file as a PDF X-1a in order to retain that named spot color/channel, so I have a "Save as" step near the end, and then a Close step.

I want the whole Action to work without any user interaction, including the Save to PDF X1-a. It works perfectly for me (on a MacBook, using the most current version of Photoshop) but when I test on a PC (also with a current version of Photoshop), that Save step stops short (without saving) at the Save As menu and doesn't change the PDF standard to X1-a.

The audience for this Action are pretty non-technical, so I'm trying to avoid having them select the PDF X-1a setting. Many of them will likely miss it.

Is there any way to make the automation in this step work? Is it possibly a PC issue causing the step to stop? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back