What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving Designs For Tshirt Printing

blackystrat

Hello

PS Version CC 2018

Just wanted to know what would be the best way to save/ export a design for printing on tshirts. I need to save them at 300 Dpi and in PNG format

So far, I've been doing Saving For Web but I wonder if that's the proper way of saving designs for prints

Please advise

Thanks

JJLAPIN

Guru
You state you NEED to save them as a png. So why would you do a save for web?:unsure:

Nxxl

if that's the proper way of saving designs for prints

No. Saving For Web, basically compresses the image in order to make it of a appropriate size (file size) in order for you to upload it for the web.

What you need to do is Save it as an uncompressed PNG. But when you save it as an uncompressed PNG, the file size can be extremely high.

That is why when people send designs for print, they usually send the .AI or .PDF or .EPS files.

blackystrat

That is why when people send designs for print, they usually send the .AI or .PDF or .EPS files.

Thanks Nxxl. The thing is that I can only upload transparent background PNGs. I just did a design and Saved As uncompressed PNG (File > Save As) and the size came to 18 Mb

polarwoc

Guru
Large file sizes are expected of uncompressed files. File size and quality are a balance you need to find optimum point of to suit your situation. If you are sending designs via web, there are sites that assist you in sending larger files.

blackystrat

Large file sizes are expected of uncompressed files. File size and quality are a balance you need to find optimum point of to suit your situation. If you are sending designs via web, there are sites that assist you in sending larger files.

Thanks. Fortunately, I don't have to send designs to anyone.

polarwoc

Guru
Ah, in that case, a good Solid State USB external Hard Disk would be a worthwhile investment. If you are on a budget, a reliable USB drive is a necessity.