What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saying hi

KBookman

Hi. I've just scanned in thousands of photos that had belonged to my late father, and I'm about to edit them. I bought a high-end scanner for this project, and Photoshop Elements 7 was bundled with it. Phenomenal program, as you all know, but extremely difficult. So I'll be posting a bunch of questions in the coming days. Thanks in advance. ken

I hope you scanned them at a high resolution

Welcome , KBookman.

Like iDad said, scan them at a hi resoulution - 300 dpi at least. You may end up with gigs of pictures but if you plan to retouch them one day, you'll be glad to have all the scanned detail you will need.

Hi ... and thank you all for your welcome. I scanned all of the photos at 300 dpi. Now I'm encountering all sorts of mysteries as I try to edit these photos. I'll start with one basic question. The photos are in about a dozen different folders, and I'm looking to edit them one at a time. So I call up the Organizer and open up the Editor area to work on the first photo. Is there some kind of "Next" command ... some quick way to move on to the next photo in the same folder? I can't imagine that there isn't such a command, but I can't find it.

I don't use Elements but I'm sure others here have.

May I suggest you open a new thread for this in the General Photoshop Board.....

That's a good idea but as to the question
KBookman said:
Is there some kind of "Next" command ... some quick way to move on to the next photo in the same folder?

No, I don't think so.

The "Organizer" for CS5 is Bridge and there's no next feature in Bridge.
You open Organizer or Bridge and choose a specific image to edit.

In the Editor you can go to File|Process Multiple Files and make some minor tweaks to all the images selected.
In the Organizer you can select multiple files and open the editor.
This will open all the images in the editor and you can edit them 1 at a time, save, and move on to next on (Watch your computer memory doing this)

But edit 1 image and hit next, not that I can find.

Back