What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Select image. Help me, please

Peppamonio

Hello, guys.
Someone can help me?
I need erease this grey bg.
Help me, please
I need the image of indian, star, and 'Rival Sons'
thanks

Attachments

• estampa.jpg
    estampa.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 28

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

Are you asking for this to be done for you..............or................. do you want us to explain how you can do it yourself?

Peppamonio

Thanks, Sam.
The two things.
I've done everything but everything goes wrong.
Gave the impression that I cut the image with a blunt scissors
Thanks for the attention

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Blunt scissors? What program were you trying to use?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, tell us a bit about the process you were using and let's see if we can offer some advice to help you out.

Or, are you really just wanting someone to do this for you?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's really not a problem if you wish for someone to do this for you. We do free edits all the time. It is however left to the discretion of the members as to whether or not they want to do it.

You just have to let us know so we know how to proceed.

Tom Mann

Guru
I would note that to get good results you really need to be working on a much, much higher resolution (ie, more pixels) version of that image.

At least 2000 x 2000 pixels would be around the minimum I would suggest, but even larger pixel dimensions than that might be necessary, depending on the intended use.

Tom M

Peppamonio

Okay, I need the image background in transparant
delete all grey color in image

I will continue studying PS

Tom Mann

Guru
Here's about the best you will be able to do without finding a higher rez version (as Sam suggested), or re-drawing it yourself (using the pen tool). The edges are sharp, but the outline will be "bumpy and lumpy" starting with such low resolution.

With respect to the text, do yourself a favor and just re-type it. There's no point to trying to extract that separately from such a low rez sample.

HTH,

Tom

PS - Click on the in-line forum preview image to get to a higher resolution PNG-24 version with the gray background removed.

Last edited:

Peppamonio

Wow!
Thanks a lot, Tom. Thats what i need
Now I'll let darker like the shirt
And sorry for my English. I still work on it

Tom Mann

Guru
Peppamonio - I just saw the link Sam provided to the store selling that image printed on a T-shirt. When I did the work, I didn't realize that it was an image with commercial usage. Because of copyright concerns, ie, I don't have a license to use that image, and I suspect that you don't either, I have removed the image that I posted a few minutes ago. I am not the copyright police, but nor do I want to get involved with, or in the remotest way promote copyright infringement. So, what do you intend to do with the image with the background removed?

Tom M

Peppamonio

I understand your concern, but I just want to leave it saved if I need to use some day in college.
You can rest assured, no one will harm

Tom Mann

Guru
Sorry, but I'm not going to restore the higher resolution cut-out image that I initially generated for you. However, I will describe that the technique I used.

First, I up-rez'ed your image by 3x (in linear dimensions).

Next, I used the "color range" tool to select the red areas, and applied a bit of "refine edge" to the output of the "color range" tool.

My final steps were then to use the selection that I just developed to fill in the figure with red, and remove the background.

The above is a standard selection procedure, described in quite a few places on the web. What you do with this procedure, including "using it in college", is entirely up to you.

Tom M