What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selecting different layers

Emmzas

Hi all, I probably have a rather stupid question but I can't seem to figure it out. Usually when I want to work on a different layer, I will select the layer in the layers panel first, or alternatively hold down ctrl and left click on the image in my actual design that's on the layer I wish to change to. However I must have done "something" because now no matter what layer I am on, if I click on a part of my design that's on a different layer to which I am working on, it will automatically select this image and change to this layer. This is highly annoying because every time I am trying to edit something or move something around I suddenly find I am on a different layer again!

I'm not sure how I did this or how to change it back. When I started this design a few days ago it was working normally. Could anyone please tell me how to change it back? Thanks!

Back