What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

shiny paint???

Oh ok. Then what you'll need to do is manually add the highlights.

Take this car as an example.
Checkout how the highlights (actually reflections) look on the areas of the car that are curved. It's just a basic shape running the length of the curve, and filled with a linear gradient -- from bottom to top.

For additional reflections, more subtle, just use a photo of a park or a city street. Then transform it to the proper perspective, change the blend mode, and reduce the opacity a little. Applying a dMap of the trucks would be good too.

This make any sense?

I havent got around to trying yet but I was thinking maybe a piece of gradient on the areas where there are edges might bring out a decent highlight,but then again hand painting highlights would be more realistic :)

Stu.

Actually Stu?...

I'm not a big fan of the whole "hand painting is more realistic" thing. Reflections and highlights are a product of physics, not man made characteristics. So IMHO hand painting them would end up looking like... well... "hand painted" effects.

Using selection tools and mathematically generated colour gradations would be closer to realism. From a 'purist's' perspective anywho. :B

The only part of this equation that WOULD involve human intervention would be the actual paint job on the vehicle... and that may cause a few visual anomolies worth replicating... for further 'realism' of course.

This is of course just the way * i * feel about it. Doesn't mean everyone else should too. 3[

Ya I agree :perfect:

When I say hand paint I mean chuck a bit of gradient on and carefully sample colors and brush and tweak to its looks ok :)

Stu.

Back