What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I go for brushes, or pictures?

bsc11

I was looking through brush sets and got this drug set, like needles n stuff. Then i was testing them out and thought why use these brushes and have to stick to one color when I could get pictures and blend them? Is that the better way? Also could you point me to the best blending tutorial? I'm not even there yet.

Hoogle

Guru
well if you paint using your brush in grey or any other colour other than white or black then create a new layer above it and paint in any colour but set that layer blending mode to colour if then it will just colour in the where you paint if that makes sense

bsc11

I looked at blending modes and didn't see one that said ''color'' except rgb color etc. And what would I be doing that for? I just want the objects I choose to look as real as possible, I guess a bunch of renders and blending is the way to go, and brushes are for the abstract stuff?

bsc11

And guys I'm sorry I ask so much but where can I go for a good start on collecting the best brushes? Is there a popular, consensus place?