What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simple Design Due to First Stie I Coded

Barrettathome

Anybody know anything about how going into the source file of the phpbb and editing the header and footer of this forum?

Barrettathome

It looks decent
It's not bad. I didn't design in photoshop first tho. I usually do this but I just kind of through it together as I went along. I am having some bugs with the css and IE. Haven't gotten to that issue yet. I was just glad to get the forms and the forum installed. lol

Carson

Power User
If your having problems with CSS and IE, I suggest looking up "Conditional Comments" They deal with both.

Barrettathome

Thanks I'll have to look into that. I have a huge list of things that I need to do tomorow to the site. One of them is going in and styling out the form and doing custom icons... That's gonna be a fun...

ChrisHPZ

Power User
I don't know about this. Barret, I think you know what it is you want out of this site both visually and contextually. But because you "threw it together" as you put it, the design suffered. Following these phases is essential with any web design project and with good reason. They determine what the website is about, what it's supposed to do and how it's going to do it. You may find this article useful as it details the most common aspects of website design. You might be surprised to learn that the "design" phase is almost the last thing on the list. I've fallen victim to not properly planning my projects and in the end, I kick myself everytime.

6 Phases of the Web Site Design and Development Process | iDesign Studios

Barrettathome

Yea I'm constantly changing the look of it. I just wanted to get something basic up and running so I could start to collect the information. I'm planning on doing a complete overall on it pretty soon. I will prob design the whole site in photoshop before I piece it together. The design that is currently up there was done over a month of making changes. I guess you can say I designed it in the browser?