What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sizing what's moved with Move tool

white101

Hi. New to forum. Have PSC3. Haven't used it in a few years.
Want to move palm fronds on to a separate beach image. I can move the image there but the size is way off. How do you adjust the size when it's in the other image?
Thanks

Paul

Former Member
Just grab any corner of the selection box and click hold down left button on mouse and slide in or out to make larger or smaller.

white101

Thanks for your reply Paul.

The only "selection" thing I found was was the quick selection tool.
It didn't do anything when I held down the left click. (There are no corners on the lasso
fronds to grab on to)

To go over what I did from the start. I used the lasso tool to get the fronds.
Then I used the move tool and dragged it over to the other image.
I can move it anywhere but I can't grab any part of it and size it.

If you could tell me where the selection box is and at what step of what I'm doing
do I employ it it would be helpful.
Thanks

Paul

Former Member
When you moved the 'lasso selection' did you make a new layer of that selection first? if so just make the copy then click on any corner and drag around via left mouse button.

white101

Didn't consciously make a layer, but I see on the right there are 2 layers. I assume layer 1 is the lasso thing but it is checkerboarded and no image. The background one has the original beach image.
I am real rusty. Don't remember much. (Was never that good w/PS went to simpler programs) I guess I will need all steps. Thanks

white101

That sure did help. Much thanks Paul.
Isn't the internet great! Here's a guy in Australia helping a guy out in California! So cool.

Paul

Former Member
Nice one mate, just glad your up and running again.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
That sure did help. Much thanks Paul.
Isn't the internet great! Here's a guy in Australia helping a guy out in California! So cool.

:mrgreen: It's a British in Australia helping a guy out in California ..... And the Brit being praised for the assist from a Lizard from the Philippines....

Yup... that's how great the net is.....

Paul

Former Member
Actually i am half German/English living in Australia helping a Californian understand Photoshop problem while a lizard from the Philippines praises said German/English Photoshop lover.

white101

Cooler still DV8 and Paul. We be multi national (I'm Irish American) cyber globesters.

To play the Columbo/Jobs card lol - just one more thing Paul...
On my beach image, I've got the fronds in the beach scene. I have an island in the distance of the original that is very faint. I want to darken it. I was able to do by lassoing the island and using the color bucket.
When I wanted to clean it up I used the clone stamp. But I was unable to use the clone stamp for the original background that was not part of the Island. Any suggestions or links? Thanks

Paul

Former Member
Either make a cloned copy of original island and then import and over lay it onto the new layers background, or how about finding a new island image with detail already there and then copying that onto the new layer?

Paul

Former Member
Images show it better sometimes.
The beach is original image i then added in island in distance.

white101

Wow that pic is similar to the one 'm working on. Nice job adding the island. I took the photo of my image and the island is local to me. I want to keep it. So not only for this image but just to know in general I'd like to know how to get the clone stamp to work with layers.

white101

Maybe I should have played Jeopardy and put my last reply in the form of a question. lol
Any thoughts on how to get the clone stamps to work on different layers?
Thanks.

white101

Got the moving and resizing Tazifeng thanks to Paul. (above)
What my last post was referring to was an island in my image. I lassoed it and darkened it with the paint bucket.
Then I wanted to clean it up with the clone stamp. It worked fine on the newly colored island, but when I wanted to clean up the water around the island the clone stamp didn't do anything.
I did click on the background layer about it do anything. Do you have any thought on how to do that? Thanks.