What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some of My Work. Need Criticism

bahamafotoshoppe

Hey guys this is some of my work I need you all to tell me what i can do . better this is my firsrt year doing photoshop i hope to get better.:eek:

Bcpstuffandwhatsnotcopy.jpg

technologicationcopy.jpg i have some other ones uploading now . i will add them to this thread. This is just some work i have been doing. these are some of my very first items.

you need to work more on your typography and contrast. Your designs aren't very clean and the type is hard to see.

You're obviously learning quickly, however it's always good to remember, that sometimes less is more ;-)

I don't get the combination of images, colors, and textures. I agree with Adam on the "less is more." Plus, I think you need to study composition. I like your ideas in a few of them, some are kind of cliched but we all do those, sometimes with tongue in cheek, sometimes not. It is very hard for the eye to settle on a focal point or the brain to sort out the ideas. I respect the work you're putting into it and I can see you love what you're doing. I don't know your age, how long you've been an artist, and so forth, so it is hard to judge some things. Very few artists have native talent which does not either require or improve with education. I would recommend design and art history studies. Please don't take offense. I think most of us have been there.

Not at all. Thank you all kindly for the criticism. I've been doing graphics well stared dabbling in it since may of this year and I am a high-school student. Thanks again I hope to glean a lot from this forum.

You are certainly welcome. As you surf around the threads, you will see posts like, "you are getting so much better, "your technique has improved a lot," and so on. That's what we're all here for, to learn, improve, share, and have fun. Thanks for taking our opinions with such a good spirit!

Nice start to a problem you will never be rid of now - PHOTOSHOP - it's the best and the worst thing out there, it's your mate when it comes together, it's your worst enemy when it all goes up the swannie...
One rule really - Photoshop is the boss, we are all her students - study hard and above all enjoy.

Like some one mentioned before, you need to work on your typograpghy and blending the text on other surfaces, like ice in your case. And some of the work backgrounds or elements are out of proportions, oh and try to find some color combinations in google, you need to work on colors too.

on the last pic did you want to make the were magical thing look like it's reflecting? try lowering opacity for that

Back