What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some recent work

ibclare

Queen Bee
Momento Mortem

Momento Mori did not convey quite my meaning so I went to Google Translate -- my HS Latin was quite lacking! -- and looked up "remember death." Have you ever brought home a rose from a loved one's funeral? And kept it . . .

Maybe as I thought of following some comments below, I might rename this: Momento Vitae.

Momento_Mortem.jpg

Credits:
Roses: crescit-eundo.deviantart.com/a…
Background: fuguestock.deviantart.com/art/…
Model: mjranum.deviantart.com/art/Rec…
Mist brushes: ideasplayer.deviantart.com/art…

composite.jpg

Next Step

Sometime you may find it hard to view beauty.

Next_Step.jpg

Credits:
lifeuncommon.deviantart.com/ar…
eskile.deviantart.com/art/Sile…
usagihikaru.deviantart.com/art…

Composite.jpg

I Wear the Key

This was created for Jessica's -- aka faestock on devaintarts -- Victoriana Challenge #25.

I_Wear_the_Key_small.jpg

Credit for stocks used, all from deviantarts:
Of course, Victoriana from faestock
The chess board background is a_game_of_chess_by_1orin_chan
The maze is maze_by_e_dina
The key used in the pendant and at entrance to the maze is Moon_Key_by_Drayok
The garden doors from The_secret_garden_by_nightmouse94
The fan I have had in my library for a long time and it came from a commercial site which I never wrote down

composite.jpg
forgot to include the secret garden door image:
garden_door.jpg

Last edited:

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Those are very cool Clare..I wish I could do those, but I just can't seem to get my brain to cooperate. Like em anyway :thumbsup:

Inkz

Guru
Oh my dear Clare lol...

Your manips are most certainly coming along beautifully. The first is really nice. So much emotion.

Bloody well done.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Hee hee dear Inlkz, Thank you. The first is my latest and possibly my favorite so far. Simpler in some ways than many I have made. And well, the idea is dear to me, as I have dried roses from my first lost friend up to my late husband. Remembered, not forgotten.

Perhaps I should retitle it: Remember Life.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Thank you Chris. I appreciate that. And I must agree on the first one. :mrgreen: Well that is, I like it best; tx for the "outstanding." I'll take it!

Inkz

Guru
You can certainly feel the emotion in the first. Yeah it's a simple manip in terms of Ps....

But you've nailed the concept and executed it with passion.

You have great comments on dA and it's sitting pretty in my Fav's.

Congratulations.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Thanks hershy. I'm glad you like it. It's appeal is to a small audience I suppose. I like dark, so I intentionally set out to make it so but still have areas of light.

Tx for the fav Inkz!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Clare, sorry I missed this yesterday.

I really love your style, I think I could pick your manips out of a line up! As has been stated, love them all but the first image is tremendous! I really prefer the second title choice. I to have collected tokens from loved ones who've passed, they serve to prod my memory and emotions of a life lived and celebrated! Great work!

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Clare,
You said that you would like to try doing some of these paintings like I do. It occurred to me that you can take one of your compositions and present it as a painted piece. I took the liberty of making a demo. I'm sure with your talent you could make some that would be really outstanding. I did this with the Redfield Finetouch filter and nothing else. Just to kind of show what the possibilities are. Hope your OK with this. (the inside stroke would be better without the feather)
Momento_Mortem ptg.jpg
Thank you Larry. We all have our interests and strengths, so celebrate yours. I really like your recent mixer brush works!

Last edited: