What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

someone finish me off

Vafann

Guru
Hey!!! I think thats a really good idea!! And it´s a very beautiful one!

Hoogle

Guru
well feel free to play around with it the psd is there use the square marquee tool and draw a box around each word then go to Edit>define brush preset then you will have the word brushes to paint out the layer mask if it is of any help to you. You will need to adjust the scatter amount in brush controls
brush.jpg

Paul

Former Member
Sadly at near 8MB i couldn't take it on, limited net usage at the minute, on a mobile modem and it's crap.

Hoogle

Guru
I actually came back to it which is unlike me lol this is what I got still not happy
alien.jpg

SeniorS

Guru
I like idea. But you right something isn't right.
Maybe don't stick with one font?
As i saw in typography effects (or how it calls) they use diferent fonts (more than 3 if i'm not wrong).

SeniorS

Guru
Yeah. I'm always become jealous (in good way). There is masters in the world.

Hoogle

Guru
the thing is I can do it in video editing lol but cant get the mask right in a photo so gave up on the mask option maybe once I have had some sleep I will try again.

SeniorS

Guru
Still image i think sometimes is harder. Still image and greyscale more harder.

Maybe post original face without text to finish someone if you want it.

Hoogle

Guru
@ Vafaan and Belial thank you for the tutorial links but they are using texts as masks baiscally typography which I love doing but that is not the effect I was trying to achieve, but more along the body dissolving and falling off as text if that makes sense

Vafann

Guru
@ Vafaan and Belial thank you for the tutorial links but they are using texts as masks baiscally typography which I love doing but that is not the effect I was trying to achieve, but more along the body dissolving and falling off as text if that makes sense

I tried using your psd but I had some problems, I kept getting messages that some things weren´t compatible, I suppose because i habe CS3. Anyway, I just tried playing around with another picture, and I know this doesn´t exactly look like the skin disolving lol, and I only did it quickly, but I was thinking that maybe smearing and stretching the text a bit might do at least something. I used another font here as well, I was trying to see what would happen..

smet-alien-fear-1-2.jpg

Hoogle

Guru
that is an excellent idea I could use the liquify tool and mask it and use my text brushes I made which solves the original masking problems of not having enough working area to mask and still have enough area to play with Vafaan you are a star and feel stupid now for not thinking of it myself

iDad

Guru
the font layer is missing from psd