What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SpectraView II - Can I have multiple calibration profiles?

Nwertz

Dear Everyone:

I've got a nifty monitor that comes uses Spectraview II and the NEC calibration puck -- It is terrific, I calibrated the monitor for print and it gave me very close print emulation on my monitor.

However I do work both for print and for the internet (ads, banners, etc.) When I create a banner in photoshop and then optimize it for the web, the resulting jpeg is often quite different in color from the psd file.

To solve this problem I recalibrated the monitor for rgb. However, that overwrote the print calibration profile, the NEC software did not give me the option to save it in addition to the print profile.

I do not want to go through the entire calibration process every time I switch from working for print to internet.

Does anyone know if it is possible to save multiple calibration profiles that I can switch in system preferences?

THANKS!

Isnt it just easier to choose a profile in photoshop go to edit> assign profile > Have just done some hardware upgrades and decided to reinstall windows so not sure if that is the right menu setting path but I am sure you can work it out. reinstalling photoshop is my next task.

1. Close anything that is open in Photoshop and click Edit > Color Settings. From there switch the color profile to Monitor Color and uncheck Ask When Opening.
  2. Click View > Proof Setup > Monitor RGB
  3. Now when clicking Save for Web, uncheck Convert to sRGB. This item may be a check box or underneath the little arrow on the top right depending on Photoshop version
The Mysterious “Save For Web” Color Shift | Viget Inspire

Back