What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Split image?

Bitrey

Hello, I have this picture here and I would like to make a grid, so that I can make an image for every card. How can I do it?

Carte_piacentine_al_completo.jpg

Hello and welcome.

Not sure what you're trying to do. Please try and explain better.

Hello, sorry for my bad explanation, I meant to say that I would like to have a separate image file for each card (there are 40 cards, so I would like 40 images, each image representing one card). I was wondering if maybe there was a way to make a 10x4 grid and split each card into a separate image. I'm new to Photoshop, sorry if I sound stupid ;)

You could create guides as a grid
then select each square and copy and paste in a new layer
done.

ANK.png

There is really no easy way to do this because of the way the original was scanned or photographed.

You could create guides as a grid
then select each square and copy and paste in a new layer
done.
This may be difficult since the cards where not straight when scanned.
The guides would not be the same for each card. But this will work!
Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 7.55.45 AM.png

You could use the slice tool and then save the slices.
By the same token, the Slice Tool also works squared and in right angles and might have a hard time with some of the offset/crooked cards.
This option will work as well!
Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 8.02.41 AM.png

Another option would be the Pen Tool set to path, then made into a selection.

Select the main layer
Depending on the margins, draw your path around the card...
Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 8.06.08 AM.png

Right click within the path and choose "make selection", set feather radius to 0, hit OK
Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 8.06.25 AM.png

Then hit Cmd/Cntrl + J to copy the card within the selection to it's own layer.
Return to the the main layer and repeat.

The original layer will remain the same you're just making copies. In the end, the copied cards will still be in the same positions as they were on the original layer, but they will all be on their own separate layers.

Unfortunately they will all still be as crooked as they were on the original. They will need to be straightened. With this method, at least the margins will be exact.

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 8.17.08 AM.png

You would use the Ruler Tool to quickly straighten each card.
Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 8.25.37 AM.png

Back