What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stains vs landscape

Snowie

Hey there guys,

I was wondering if any of you could help out with removing some nasty glass stains from a picture. While traveling through Switzerland I got a glimpse of what could be as well called heaven (Lake Geneva, Montreux) but unfortunately I only had my phone at hand and a nasty glass separating me from the view. Is there any chance to remove the stains ? I'd be very grateful. While at it, any color correction would be highly appreciated as well!

That being said, the picture is 3840x2160 so hopefully that's good enough.
(unfortunately the forum settings don't allow pictures bigger than 3500px to be uploaded so I had to resize it, below I'm adding a link to full size)
http://postimg.org/image/elm51wr0j/full/

Here's the picture
v2.jpg

Argos

Guru
At least i miss some tecnique i dont know about i think you ask for a really hard work or maybe imposible to do and look nice or realistic,

Snowie

Gah. Well, that's what I thought as well. Anyway I will leave it around for a bit more and who knows, maybe some sort of a magician will show up and solve this problem ;)
Though thanks for the reply!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

I think it would be a challenge, but this image can be repaired using the Clone Stamp and Brush Tools (and a few others).

It would be Sunday before I get a chance to work on it but I think it can be done.

Snowie

That would be great! I was also thinking about doing that but as I'm an amateur I'm expecting it to take quite some time ;)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Sunday. Thanks for the glimmer of hope!

Cheers

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Don't get too excited, I said it would be Sunday before I could attempt any work on the image, it could take me several days to get it done.

I do think some of our members will take a shot at the repair before I'm done. They always rise to a good challenge. I'm always amazed with the level of talent we have here.

I have played a little with the image.
Here's some work on the foreground (rails).

Before:
Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 8.53.57 AM.png

After:
Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 8.53.43 AM.png

Last edited:

Snowie

Sorry for getting ahead of myself :) I'll be patiently waiting and also I'll try to do it myself as well, just so I won't sit idle without doing anything about it.

Cheers