What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stairway To Heaven

Argos

Guru
Nice! but in this case i see a little dicrepance with the shadows maybe? u used the original shadows of the landscape but the shadows in the lamb and the man are the opposite way.

The light on the man it's maybe too hard for me compared with the ground.

cheers!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Yeah, I know, but this was in the pipeline some time before the previous challenge.

Imagine my face when I saw your submission...:banghead:

gedstar

Guru
Yeah, I know, but this was in the pipeline some time before the previous challenge.

Imagine my face when I saw your submission...:banghead:

Well you have only yourself to blame, you did create the challenge after all :biglaff:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Nice! but in this case i see a little dicrepance with the shadows maybe? u used the original shadows of the landscape but the shadows in the lamb and the man are the opposite way.

The light on the man it's maybe too hard for me compared with the ground.

cheers!

Thanks for the comment.
Actually the scene is lit by two lightsources, the moon (top left) and a 15 watt lightbulb (top right).
Guess who's always winning? That is also the reason why the shadows casted by the moonlight are stronger.
That is also the reason why the shadow casted by the bellboy is fading out towards the light from the lightbulb.
I agree the shadow casted by the bench isn't exactly correct, but I could correct that.

Argos

Guru
You can do more than one shadow with diferent fades and direction for realism in this case i think.

Jerry D

Power User
I like 'em! I especially like the clouds, they look very realistic. It's kind of a gloomy and foreboding theme, though.
Are you sure this is going to heaven and not......:devilish: ?

Eggy

Retired Moderator
You can do more than one shadow with diferent fades and direction for realism in this case i think.

I agree, it is not exactly how it should be but here's how I see it:

valleyview-view_0.jpg

In red is how the shadows should be, but they are casting more to the right
In pink, that shadow has nothing to do with the bench but is coming from a tree left, not in the picture
In blue, the shadow of the branches in the top left corner.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I like 'em! I especially like the clouds, they look very realistic. It's kind of a gloomy and foreboding theme, though.
Are you sure this is going to heaven and not......:devilish: ?

:biglaff:Death is always dark so...

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Pipsmom

Thank you, you should try something like this just to find out how everything interacts.

Argos

Guru
I agree with your analisis, i think the sun is on top left of that picture, so maybe changing the moon reflection and shadowing to almost straight right is better and playing with the multiples shadows that the streetlight create, hope is understandable with my lame english XD.

Last edited: