What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still seeing background canvas in pdf made from layered PSD file.

Jagabat

Hello: In CS4 made a 3 layer PSD file of a circular sticker design which has been photographed, retouched etc. & copied twice (each layer rotated to add interest to presentation). I am saving files as PDF's to use for my portfolio. I want all my work to be silo'd on a grey background (similar to this grey). Everything I've done so far has been 4 sided (1 image with several adjustment layers.) I have been using the crop tool and hiding the background and shielding for evaluation etc. Then saving as a PDF. Fine!
I can't seem to make this happen with layered circular and polygonal shapes for files.
Stumped! Help!
Thanks, Jef

Hello: .................... Then saving as a PDF. Fine!
I can't seem to make this happen with layered circular and polygonal shapes for files.
Stumped! Help!
Thanks, Jef

Hi Jef, what do you mean?
What is not happening with "circular and polygonal shapes" that works with square and rectangular shapes?

Understand that circular and polygonal shapes are still on a square or rectangular canvas.

Thanks for replying so fast Steve: I'm trying to crop out all background from the final PSD file. Just like the Pelican image attatched to your post.
I've succeded in cropping the canvas right to the images but can't seem to affect the negative areas left around the shapes.
I hope this explains a bit better.
Thanks, Jef

Here is a shot of my file. Each circle is a layer. I have masked each layer and tried to delete the canvas per/ layer & also tried selecting as a group. I have tried both black & white masking. I even dragged into a new file and merged the layers thinking that it needed to be one image. All I want to achieve is a contour image that I can save as a PDF with no background.
Please advise.
Thx, Jef

Attachments

• jagabat 1.jpg
    jagabat 1.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 0
image that I can save as a PDF with no background.
Thx, Jef

Is that the problem, the background?
The clear background becomes white when you save to a PDF but being round or square should be irrelevant.

OK Jef I guess I'm thick here because I don't understand your problem.

Post a PDF that worked the way you wanted and one that didn't.
Compress them in a Zip or Rar folder and upload them here.

If you want to keep them private let me know and I'll give you my email address.

Jef I re-sent the email to you and checked something else out I hadn't thought of earlier.
Adobe reader is adding a background independent of your image but the image still has a transparent background.

I removed the white background and saved as a pdf.
In the viewer the background is white.
I opened the same pdf in PS and it's transparent.

Back