What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stillborn baby, would like to have photos to be retouched

Per De Castro Feijo

Hello,
Me and my wife lost our baby boy earlier this week, he died just before he was supposed to greet the world. We (my wife) gave birth to him and we had +60 pictures taken of/with him. They where taken with our mobile cameras so the quality isn't professional by any means.
We were wondering if there is anyone out there that might be able to help us with those pictures. His skin doesn't look all to colourful and the lips are quite dark one some of the pictures. We would like to have someone retouch those pictures, so that we can show our families how he should/would have looked like. It's quite a grim task to ask anyone, but we feel that it is the thing to do. If anyone can help or point us in the right direction, please - dont hesitate to write us here.

We live in sweden if that makes any difference.

If you pm me a link to a private album I will take a look and see if I can work on 1 or 2 for you.

I warn you now I know some people may make a comment about what your doing that may offend you but ignore them I really do understand what it is like and why you would want this.

2nd Warning is if you get work back it can easily shock you and depress you, many people will tackle the job differently so please do not get offended by any work you may receive back, we all picture things differently.

Just so you know I have done plenty of work like this as 1 of my clients is a medical photographer, But bare in mind I have worked on professional taken photos in the past so I can not guarantee anything from a mobile phone low res picture.

There is an organization of professional photographers & Photoshoppers who volunteer to handle incredibly sad situations such as this. They are all vetted both with respect to technical ability, compassion, ethics, etc. If, for some reason, Hoogle's kind offer doesn't work out, let me know and I'll look them up and pass along the information.

My condolences.

Tom M

Back