What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Straightening rounded wall tile

rooftop_dev

can anyone with the skillz do this for me?
i took a pictutre of a curved wall to get this tile textute and i need i to be flat.
to apply it to a flat wall.
you cna use the texture for yourself after, no right or sh+it like that

IMG-20230308-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20230308-WA0005.jpg

is this the sort of thing you are after. have not increased contrast or changed color. as that is up to your preference. second one I edited the "tear" that appears in some tiles in the middle. looks like a copy of a photo.? regards, SandyIMG-20230308-WA0005.jpg

Here's my shot at it.
That looks well done. The tile lines look properly aligned. I would love to know how you approached it?

I attempted it using "Lens Correction" and "Adaptive Wide Angle" and was able to get them almost straight but was not happy with the result.

Not perfect but certainly presentable...

1. Camera Raw Filter w 'optics' and 'geometry' just to orient the top row .
2. CTRL + Free Transform to ballpark some semblance of the bottom 2 corners
3. Edit/ Transform/ Warp with a bunch of Guidelines to help (Grid was too confusing) I'd do a partial modify then create a duplicate layer and modify again...about 10 times:)

I have a nice inexpensive fairly sharp ultra-wide lens that has even wilder mustache distortion but fortunately I have a few custom lens profiles that completely tame it. While fun as a one-off, I can't imagine having to do this frequently.

View attachment 135971

is this the sort of thing you are after. have not increased contrast or changed color. as that is up to your preference. second one I edited the "tear" that appears in some tiles in the middle. looks like a copy of a photo.? regards, SandyView attachment 135972
hello sandy . do you mean a copy of a photo, as in i took a picture from a magazine or something? if so, then, no - its a photo taken at a wall IRL. i suspect that tear was either irl dirt, or an actual tear in the tiles! - i didnt hang around too long to look at properly but from the image there does seem to be a lot of smaller near unoticeable tears!

Here's my shot at it.

I did change the contrast a tad. Histogram looked unusual.

View attachment 135974
thank ex_teacher - the lines aren't perfect but much more presentable.
soF1AJAzdN.png
the seamless aspect of it is probably something i can do myself, plus the color correction ()differet color between top and bottom of the image).
if i cant manage these, ill come back with antother reqest if you don't mind! :)
the not-so-perfect tiles alignment is more than acceptable for a contractor that doesn't know how to lay tiles in a straight line and is something i'm ok with using.
ill probably even try myself to use the motheod you guys delined to see with what i can come up with but it does sound like a very manual workfor the tiles alignment,
i thought there'd be a more automated way to fix the un-straight lines - which would have made the job much easier, right?

Back