What's new

Illustrator TactaPad -- wow very cool!

Sean

Guru
Very cool and, hmmmm....tactile.
Too bad you can't buy it yet. :(

SCync

Power User
It's pretty hard to determine, from what I get from their site, how well it works with apps that are not their own. I use X1 a lot these days as well as AI, but the feedback that I've had is that Xara doesn't do well with it and that AI needs quite a bit of tooling to make it useful.

I think the whole interface is way cool, but its interoperability is questionable. Besides, try to take my Wacom from my cold, bloody hands .... [slick]

theKeeper

Guru
Besides, try to take my Wacom from my cold, bloody hands ....
:rofl: I hear ya.

I'm just glad to finally see this type of technology break new ground. That means that more functional/versitile versions could be seen in the near future. Technology that let's us interact with a computer in this manner has been seen in Sci-Fi for years now. It's about time someone brought it to light in the real world.

I'm excited to see where this goes. [excited]

Welles

Guru
That's a great concept. I'm doubtful of the market size supporting production of such a device at $1,000 per. Then apps such as Illustrator would need to be adapted to make use of some of the functions (clicking sliders etc). I don't see that happening but then I'm not much of a visionary.

I do hope they get it manufactured, though, as it is a real conceptual breakthrough.