What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator TactaPad -- wow very cool!

Very cool and, hmmmm....tactile.
Too bad you can't buy it yet. :(

It's pretty hard to determine, from what I get from their site, how well it works with apps that are not their own. I use X1 a lot these days as well as AI, but the feedback that I've had is that Xara doesn't do well with it and that AI needs quite a bit of tooling to make it useful.

I think the whole interface is way cool, but its interoperability is questionable. Besides, try to take my Wacom from my cold, bloody hands .... [slick]

Besides, try to take my Wacom from my cold, bloody hands ....
:rofl: I hear ya.

I'm just glad to finally see this type of technology break new ground. That means that more functional/versitile versions could be seen in the near future. Technology that let's us interact with a computer in this manner has been seen in Sci-Fi for years now. It's about time someone brought it to light in the real world.

I'm excited to see where this goes. [excited]

That's a great concept. I'm doubtful of the market size supporting production of such a device at $1,000 per. Then apps such as Illustrator would need to be adapted to make use of some of the functions (clicking sliders etc). I don't see that happening but then I'm not much of a visionary.

I do hope they get it manufactured, though, as it is a real conceptual breakthrough.

Back