What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Text Manipluation

nathanjayrog

Im really struggling with a project im working on, I want to have the word 'cleverest' fit in the outline of a body. like below, (ignore the terrible drawing skills)

Scan_1.jpg

I'm working in Illustrator at the moment. i was just wondering what would be the best way to achieve this.

If I was doing something like that, I would probably use the pen tool. This is a precise way to get the shapes on the lettering you want, but will take some practice if you're not used to using the Pen tool.

What Paul has suggested above though, using a standard font & warping, also sounds like a cool way of achieving the effect.

I didn't spend much time on this (which should be obvious) but if I was doing it.
Make the body shape.
Type the text and select it.
Type-Create Outlines.
UN-group the type.
Use the direct selection tool, add points, whatever on each letter to warp them individually into place.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 20
Hi Guys,
I have been away from the forum for a bit, and this is my first post in the Illustrator forum. Since I had CC I decided to learn it and it has proved to be a real time saver for me.
I think the Touch Type tool is new, but it would be just the ticket for what the OP is looking for.
Cleverst.png

Unlike Everest this would be a mountain to climb, oh my bad it says cleverest:redface:

Back