What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text won't print on jpeg

jcnoble

I am using PS6 on a windows system. All updates.

I opened a jpeg, select horizontal text tool, selected the correct fonts, size,etc, and outlined the text area on the jpeg with marching ants.

No blinking cursor appears in the area and nothing show up when I type letters on the key board. Some time the letters show up on the layer icon on the right side.

Help

Charlie

I'm lost with the marching ants. You should be on a new layer are you?

Is the layer below another layer?

What mode is the image in? Is it locked?

I tride multiple sizes
Create an extra large text box and use a small font.
You can change both latter.

Regardless of what you tried it sounds like the text is too large for the text box you've defined.
Once again, don't define a text area, just click on a start point and type.

Only thing I can think of is are you certain that you are using the horizontal type tool and not the horizontal type mask tool? Also, there is no need to use the select tool (marching ants) because you can (when it eventually works) move the text around with the move tool as it is on its own layer. Good luck.

One possibility is the text IS there but for some reason has moved out of the viewable bounds of the canvas. Try dragging the text layer around to bring it into the canvas.

Or besmirched could be right with what he surmised.......

Unlikely I know...But check that the text colour and background colour (Layer below) aren't the same. I've made this error before, as I'm sure many others have.

Unlikely I know...But check that the text colour and background colour (Layer below) aren't the same. I've made this error before, as I'm sure many others have.

Thanks for your help, not sure where the thank you icon is to press. Had someone check the file yesterday and could not find anything wrong with it. Today PS6 T seems to be working fine. Have no idea why but happy. Thanks again.

One possibility is the text IS there but for some reason has moved out of the viewable bounds of the canvas. Try dragging the text layer around to bring it into the canvas.

Or besmirched could be right with what he surmised.......

Thanks for your help, not sure where the thank you icon is to press. Had someone check the file yesterday and could not find anything wrong with it. Today PS6 T seems to be working fine. Have no idea why but happy. Thanks again.

Create an extra large text box and use a small font.
You can change both latter.

Regardless of what you tried it sounds like the text is too large for the text box you've defined.
Once again, don't define a text area, just click on a start point and type.

What mode is the image in? Is it locked?

Glad your PS decided to behave.... lol.

It may be a program glitch. Next time it happens or when PS seems to be acting up, try resetting your preference.

Start Photoshop while holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows)
or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS X).

OP: "...Thanks for your help, not sure where the thank you icon is to press..."

It's in the lower LH corner of each post. It's right above the date for the next post in the thread.

I'm sure that both your verbal and "click-on-the-counter" types of "thanks" will be appreciated by the folks that helped you in this thread.

Tom M

OP: "...Thanks for your help, not sure where the thank you icon is to press..."

It's in the lower LH corner of each post. It's right above the date for the next post in the thread.

I'm sure that both your verbal and "click-on-the-counter" types of "thanks" will be appreciated by the folks that helped you in this thread.

Tom M

Thanks, I must be blind I still don't see it :)

Back