What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The August Free For All

gare

Power User
It's Photoshop time, this time with probably the hardest challenge I've a come up with to date!

My wife's grandmother had a photo taken that did not survive the years; it was literally torn in half, half is missing, and there are no negs.

What can you do to restore the image? Mirroring the remaining half is sort of a given, but people's faces aren't exactly symmetrical+her nose is completely gone.

Give it a try, and I promise to "judge" the fine work from previous months really soon.

Here's my try...

My Best,

Gare

mflintjer

Power User
The August Free?For?All

Is anyone else having problems viewing the picture Gary has posted here?

Sorry bud, if it is there, I am just not seeing the picture. I'm using FireFox, but have never had this problem before. [confused]

chillman

The August Free?For?All

Can't see it either. Had this problem with another thread earlier...

fotobill

The August Free?For?All

I not only don't see the photograph, I don't see any avatars either.

theKeeper

Guru
The August Free?For?All

Yeah... me too!!! Daaaag nabbit! [doh]

I can see them when i PREVIEW the message, but not when it's posted. hmmm... \:] So i uploaded the files to my server and hardcoded them into the message. :perfect:

The last couple board updates i think have messed up some things. I'm seriously thinking of starting over with a new fresh board install; very few Mods, fresh code, etc...

FYI a new facelift wouldn't effect any files, post, or board data... it's just cosmetic. ;)

gare

Power User
Mark

This forum is seriously muxed up. None of the other images on various threads show. No avatars either, although I don't miss 'em.

I can see the images I posted here, but all text is centered (not flush left) on all threads.

I'm using Exploder 6.

-g-

mflintjer

Power User
The August Free?For?All

@gare-- Well, I just saw your picture you did up top: Great Job!! :} :} But as for avatars and the rest, no dice. I think, I will DL the picture and give it a whirl and see what I come up with :perfect:

lasa

Power User
The August Free?For?All

Gare say hi to your great grandmother inlaw....great grandmother inlaw say hi to Gare! :rofl:

Hope you like it.
Why won't the picture attach?..It fits its added but when I go online to see it the attachment does not appear?

Lasa

theKeeper

Guru
The August Free?For?All

K guys found the avatar problem and the center alignment problem also and fixed both of those. But the attachment problem is still ongoing. I'm looking everywhere for the cause but no luck as yet.

nitrobutler

Power User
The August Free?For?All

Oops the attachments must not be fixed yet, I'll try again in a day or two [shhh]

xam-e

The August Free?For?All

i can see gare's attachment and the avatars .. but cant see the attachments in some threads :)[/b]

xam-e

The August Free?For?All

even the signatures are not visible[/b]

theKeeper

Guru
The August Free?For?All

Yeah, sorry folks.

Still having the problem with the attachments; for some unknown/expected reason. }:\

I'm on it though.
Prolly just gonna put up a new fresh install though i think.
I'm tired of scanning code for needles. }P

theKeeper

Guru
The August Free?For?All

Ok well... it ain't too pretty anymore but... it appears to ALL be working again! And that makes ME very happy! 8} :D

I'll get to customizing the theme asap. But for now, i'm taking a break. :\
There may still be a few newly posted images that may need to be re-Uploaded. But other than that, all seems in place again.

lasa

Power User
Good job Keeper!

Well Gare here it is...
One keeps the grain and feel of the old picture and the other tries to smooth it out some. Hope you like them.
Lasa

gare

Power User
Nice one!

lasa--verry well done! :perfect:

I see you kept the sepiatone. I got rid of it and used burgundytone because my image is for printing, and hey, why not brighten up Grandmas Susie in the process of restoration? And I found the background just too hard a job to restore.

Mark, thanks for reviving the forum :} I don't mind the "bare bones look", but as you mentioned, enhancements are on the way.

My Best,

Gare

Nikkie

Power User
The August Free?For?All

Gare :rofl: :rofl: love the stoned elephant... i suppose he went to Amsterdam lately..... [sly]

hmmm Lasa you did great on grandma :}
here is my attempt though she still needs a plastic surgeon ;)