What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The August Free For All

gare

Power User
Nikkie

Nice job, Nikkie :perfect:

For all, I suggest:
? Grandma's hair is not parted in the middle (requires some work).
?Her head is on the squarish side--good to know for positioning the flipped duplicate. Nor are people's faces symmetrical, so warping or distorting the flipped copy is a good move, as would be the Liquify filter
?Obviously, she wasn't wearing two penants :D

My Best,

Gare

P.S.--This challenge is drawing more responses than previous months. Woul you all prefer more PS challenges, and/or more advanced ones?

lasa

Power User
the nose knows

The nose is the real problem...there is none!
What helps is to clone the area of the nose with parts of the cheek to get the same base texture. Then grab a nose you like and paste it on the layer above. I chose a nose with eyes..(sounds dumb) to take the guess work out of placing the nose. (see picture)
Then you go to the layer Style / blend option. Then press alt while you click and hold the right white triangle under this layer. (right side of scale)
The traingle will split in two. Pull the half to the left. The image will be left with the dark parts of the nose layer...Erase the borders and everything you don't want with a eraser set at 30 to 50%. (helps to blend in)
Hope this helps somebody,
Lasa

gare

Power User
lasa

Hi lasa---

Good tips, all of them :perfect:

Here's some nose help: I photographed a femal relative of Grandma Susie, making sure the lighting was flat and a little to the right. Then Grandma's son described her nose: flat toward the bridge and pointy a little at the tip. I used Liquify to shape the replacement nose.

Here it is.

My Best,

Gare

ricib

The August Free?For?All

lasa, EXCELLENT job on Granny.

I wish I had time to play on this one, but it's too much for me.

Welles

Guru
The August Free?For?All

Gare,

Thanks for the nose! I parted the hair in the middle cause I liked it. Sort of a Princess Di look. It was the darn photographer who had her part it on the side just for the photo shoot. ;)

lasa

Power User
The August Free?For?All

Darn photographers, you can't trust them...
Thank god, Welles sees right through any part debate!
lol :(| too funny!

Lasa

If we are taking artistic liberties I thought of bring her up to date...
Its subtle but I think it works. \:]

sPECtre

Guru
The August Free?For?All

Somehow she reminds me of Mona Lisa? material for Da Vinci Code2? 8}

Raven

Power User
I'm using IE 6 and can't see any of the posted pics attached...there's just a paperclip attachment icon next to the images but when I click on it I get the message: "It seems that you are not allowed to download or view attachments on this board. " I do see people's avatars however......strange problem. Smilies are also replaced by the red "x"box.

---Maya

sPECtre

Guru
Yup, Mark, for the info, I could see images in other threads part of the challenges forum, but not in this one. I'm using Firefox on PC.

Raven

Power User
testing posting options.......

? ? ....just image tags available, no browse for images feature, I could only use tags to bring in a pic from off site ---- but then there's also nothing which says how the attachment sizes should be except in the info help section it says to put in more tags stating the image size???????..... I still can't see anyone's posted images.

There's nothing under "Additional Options" except for check boxes for notifying of replies, return to topic, or the "don't use smilies."? ? ? :cry: :cry: :cry:? ?no smilies even showing (all red "x" boxes).? All that shows up are the avatars everywhere.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:? ?

gare

Power User
Help! Mark!

Still no-go on Sunday, Mark. I've tried everything with Firefox and IE--cleaning cache; the whole 9 yards.
No images, no emoticons (I can live without them, tho'), and a brusque attention box-something to the effect that I have no permission. Hey, we live in a permissive society!

-g-

Raven

Power User
You're right grafico -- I get the no permissions error on most of the features for viewing and posting.? Several days ago I also was getting error pages stating something about template errors too........hope some of this helps Mark sort it out.? :)

I can see some images over on the Photography forum --- but only the ones which people have posted with image tags from other hosting sources.

---Maya

Raven

Power User
IMAGES WORKING!!!!!!! yAY!!!!

;) :} :} :} :} 8)) 8D 8D B7 YIPPEEEE!? All the attached images now can be seen and the posting options in the advanced options is working too!? YOWZA!? THANX Mark!!!!!!

You deserve a vacation and? 8} 8} 8} 8D 8)) B7

---Maya? ;)

lasa

Power User
I can see thing again...
I still don't understand how to add pictures..
Thanks Keeper.

Lasa

Raven

Power User
:D? Hi lasa,

Click on "Additional Options" and try to upload a file from your computer using the Attach: browse button and then click open, then click the post button.? Hope it works for you.? Here's a little canvas painting I did for a posting example working.... (Sorry, it isn't Gare's grandma...but I wasn't able to see that pic till just a bit ago!)

Raven

Power User
8} Okay here's my attempt at fixing Gare's grandma pic in PSCS2 (painted in the nose and mouth and other parts of the left half and eye -- best guess as to shapes) and adding a bit of tint -- sure hope this isn't too bad!? Will grandma ever forgive me?!? [saywhat]? ;)?

---Maya

sPECtre

Guru
Thanks, Mark! :perfect:

Raven, this one if my preferred so far, very realistic, less symmetrical than several others.