What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Blue Hour

Chris, I just noticed something odd. Doesn't take away from the image; actually looks deliberate, but often we do things subconsciously. Anyway, my eye was caught by a line running thru the top portion of the image. Looking closer, I noticed that the vine snaking up the middle aligns almost perfectly with a break in the clouds. Just thought I'd point that out!

Clare, I can see it now, and it is really distracting. Thanks for pointing it out to me.
I'm going to adjust it and I'll post an update. See beginning of this thread.

Nice composition chris...

I think there needs to be a balance on how dark the sky is and how dark the foreground is.

Great work as usual.

Little by little, we will keep you working on this! LMAO.

I do agree with Inkz now that I take another look. I prefer darker so I would make the foreground more nightfall. Either way.

Little by little, we will keep you working on this! LMAO.

I do agree with Inkz now that I take another look. I prefer darker so I would make the foreground more nightfall. Either way.

@ Inkz
@ Clare
For once I do not agree with your suggestion and I leave my image like it is.

FYI:
The blue hour is the period of twilight each morning and evening where there is neither full daylight nor complete darkness. The time is considered special because of the quality of the light. (Wikipedia)

You go guy! Stand your ground. I like it a lot regardless. My kind of atmosphere. I can see pulling up there on a Halloween night and getting a little frisson of excitement from all that spooky stone!

Very cool Chris. Good job. Only thing I would change is the sky, as the sun is at the wrong angle (behind the building) but the angle of light on the building is at the front. Also perhaps adjust the luminance levels on the building to be darker, or the sky to be brighter, as it has a slight time of day mismatch at the moment which is lessening the realism of the composite of the building against the sky. Otherwise I love it.

Back