What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"The Pageantry of Autumn" Photographs

This thread is for Fall -(Autumn). Scenic, people, traditions, whatever catches your eye. For example, It would be fun to include the dinner table on Thanksgiving and the Halloween Trick-or-Treat'ors or local parades - no restrictions on subject matter. In fact, some of our members from other countries might enjoy seeing traditional pageantry of Autumn taken from where you live. The leaves are just about to turn - grab your cameras!

Raven

Power User
8D There's vine maple around this area and provides some of the most vivid colors for Fall. Here's a sampling pic I took of some near my driveway.

Sean

Guru
This one was taken a while ago, but it's one of my favorites. It was taken where I used to live - sometime in late summer/fall.

Raven

Power User
:perfect: B7 That is really a spectacular sunset, Sean!!!
Those clouds are so unusual too -- it would certainly make a wonderful enlargement for framing. It would be fun to try and paint those clouds also. Which reminds me, every cloud has a silver lining it is said... ;) ...btw, I got a graphics job interview this afternoon for this Friday!!! It's full time work with an advertising agency which creates logos and promotional advertising in a wide variety of media, and does work for all over the country -- I'M REALLY EXCITED!!! 8D This is just what I've been dreaming of to use my art skills with. I got the news of the interview this afternoon so I'm on Cloud 9 right now. [excited] 8D

nitrobutler

Power User
Joy: Although the leaves hasn't change yet here, I"ll be ready :perfect:
Maya: The best of luck to ya!

ricib

Lee, thay'd be a great place for a picnic. Yogi and Boo Boo would even love it.

Sean, nice sunset bud.

Maya, - Good luck dear, we're all counting on you. Hopefully you'll enjoy it for a long time to come.

chillman

Lee, that picture is AWESOME! I love autumn. My favorite time of year, but unfortunately the shortest too...

Nice pictures from everyone.

Raven

Power User
8D Thanks for the encouraging words/well wishes everyone -- you're all an inspiration to me!

I'm in agreement also on your beautiful Autumn woods image, Lee -- AWESOME!!! This is my favorite time of year also, and I'd happily stroll through those leaves and picnic there all day! :perfect:

Raven

Power User
8} :perfect: 8D 8D 8D? ? I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!? I officially start on the job in 2 weeks -- YIPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!? Not to blah blah on too much about it (but it's a big deal to me?), but they are very impressed with my art and certainly seem thrilled to have me.? ?The company has grown a lot in the last few years and they are now even looking for a bigger location here.? They are staying a permanent feature of the region, so the outlook long term is great.?

Back to the oddities of nature and an Autumn event --? I had a really weird experience driving into town yesterday.? A Mousey Hitchhiker.? About 4 miles from home and half way across the McClullough bridge and this grey and white mouse pops up from between the hood and windshield!!!? ?Now mice don't scare me, but this little guy was holding on to the wiper blade for dear life, his whiskers blown back and fur getting ruffled in the wind as I drove.? I didn't want the little guy to fall off and get killed so I reduced speed and took the first exit off the bridge into a park and found a place to pull over.? He was a really cute mouse, pure white underside and pearl grey top coat like velvet.? He ran back and forth along the windshield bottom and wasn't sure what to do so I turned the windshield washer on which squirted him just a bit and he got the idea and leaped off the car and ran across the road into the park foliage.? It ended well for the mouse....and he relocated himself through the miracle of modern transportation!

Here's an Autumn leaf oldie but one I still like....

Sean

Guru
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Maya, that's a hilarious story...I've never heard such a thing! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
BTW, just out of curiosity, whats the company name that your working for now?

Raven

Power User
8D Thanks Welles!!! 8D

Sean -- I sent you the info -- ck your messages. ;)
Glad you enjoyed the Mouse's Wild Ride report. :D It was really an oddity.

Sorry sorry to arrived LATE to see all the beautiful pictures posted here!? I haven't been getting notices.? Wow I'm amazed by everybody's work and Raven so happy and proud of you for getting the dream job and saving the mouse.? "you are never alone when a mouse is in the house"? err i guess I should say car but it doesn't rhyme.?

Autumn doesn't come here with a bang that is why I'm doublying enjoying your leaves.

I was thinking Fluffy the Cat looked a bit Halloween like because this is where we keep the candy bowl for trick or treaters.

OK I had time to take another look and enjoy everybody's Autumn postings.

Raven - Your leaves are a celebration of Autumn - love them ;)
Patric - Again a really expansive view of the sea. It's looks like the sun was sent there just to illuminate the sea. Another interest is the Blue sky above the clouds and the smokey sky under them. I've seen that before in real - very hard to catch in photo. ;)

Nitro ...Waiting impatiently \:/

Lee ---Wow you are putting me to shame with your great artistry. You must want to blow up and frame every one you do. ;)

Well this is the only flower in the garden, funny I forgot to plant any fall blooming plants. Damn, and they last so long. [stuned]

Hatch

Great Photos all!? This is as close to Autumn as I can get at the moment. Taken 2 or so weeks ago... will have to make a trip back to the Grand Canyon when the leaves start to turn color and the snow falls.

000285.jpg

000282.jpg

000286.jpg

Wow Hatch such magnificance. You must be proud of these. Looks like you went to the bottom (brave soul) Or is the middle pic the drive up from Sonoma? Your colors look so natural and really have depth of field. Thanks for the Autumn pleasure.

Fall coming...around the edges first

nitrobutler

Power User
Wow, finally,I've been waiting for these leaves between the fence to change colors for weeks.
I guess it's because of all this rain we had recently.