What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

theKeeper: Q. Metal Knob tutorial

J

John1

After step 1-4 I have nothing that looks like a knob yet.
After step 5 things get worse.
Are you sure you meant to write this -> "Now start at the bottom right and draw a rough wavey line up to the topright corner. There's no 'perfect' line here... just do a rough wavey one that's good enough."
PS. For the sake of making things clear, I'm marking the wavey line on a screenshot, because of problems I had (see next post).

Thanks for your help

"Now start at the bottom right and draw a rough wavey line up to the topright corner. There's no 'perfect' line here... just do a rough wavey one that's good enough."

Look at my screenshot after I did this.
The wave line drawn with the pencil tool is not visible and the original diagonal line (bottom/left to top/right) is still visible.

Just a guess -
Start at the lower-left and wiggle your way to the upper-right.

hahaha aaa man... ya sorry bout that John i guess i should've been more explicit there. I meant you should follow the default line -- bottom left to top right.

Actually i'm now seeing a lot of confusing spots. DOH! [doh] That's what i get for doing these things at 4am. [sleepy] I'll change all that right now! :perfect:

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Nice Tutorial, Mark! :)

I played around with it and liked what I got. I then tried to come up with the ridges a lot of radio dials have. I'm not sure if I got it. Let me know what you think. ( I used a custom thin brush and stroked the path.)

Ya Moth that's a nice touch. They just look a little off-center to my eye...? Perhaps try center aligning everything and see if it is off or not.

Here's a re-do. I tried to keep everything centered.

Hi everyone, and thanks to the keeper for the tut.
Here's my attempt at the "KNOB". I couldn't get it to look like yours, but what the hey,right?

Naa that's a great effort Solsonic, nothing wrong with that. Looks like you got through the tute just fine. :perfect:

And there's also nothing wrong with having some originality. [excited]

Thanks Moth, I appreciate it. I also like what you have done with your knob, especially the rivits. B7

Back